HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
Jewish Family & Career Services takes pride in treating our clients and each other with respect and dignity. Protecting your personal information is as important to us as it is to you. We want you to have a clear understanding of how we use and safeguard your protected health information and how you can get access to that information. HIPAA is a federal law and requires that JF&CS take additional steps to keep you informed about how we may use information that is gathered in order to provide health care services to you. The Notice describes how we may use and disclose your protected health information to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. This Notice also describes your rights regarding health information we maintain about you and a brief description of how you may exercise these rights. Download and read the full policy here.
Procedure for Confidentiality of DonorsPurpose: To protect the privacy of JF&CS supporters, the following safeguards and processes are in place.
Policy: Jewish Family & Career Services, in the course of raising funds for agency operations and programs, must share information with staff, volunteers and board members from time to time. The sources of information placed in a donor record come from publicly published sources, non-confidential conversations and correspondence with donors and annual donor surveys. The Chief Development Officer, with oversight from the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for implementing the Procedure for Confidentiality of Donors.
- Donor personal information is gathered and kept within the agency database, the software for which is Raisers Edge, made by Blackbaud. Only the following people have access to Raisers Edge within the agency: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Development Officer, Associate Development Director, Development Associate, Special Events Coordinator, Volunteer Services Coordinator, and the Volunteers In Action (VIA) Coordinator. No donor information is available online and no one else in the agency is ever permitted to view all donor records.
- All volunteers and outside vendors who participate in fundraising efforts for the agency are required to sign a Statement of Confidentiality in which they agree not to disclose any information about the agency, its processes and its donors. This group includes volunteer consultants and other vendors who may come in contact with the JF&CS database.
- In carrying out fundraising assignments, only the minimum possible information necessary for the volunteer, vendor or staff person’s effective dispensation of their duties is provided. Information provided is clearly marked “Confidential” and the agency makes conscientious efforts to retrieve all information once campaigns are completed. The information is then shredded.
- In cases where donors request anonymity, all efforts are made to limit the number of agency employees who are made aware of the donor’s name. In all cases, the name is shared only on a “must know” basis in order to acknowledge, receipt and otherwise account for such a donation. As per donor’s request, the Agency maintains donor anonymity in its database by coding the donation record either at the donor level or at the gift level thus triggering the “Anonymous” listing rather than the donor’s name in any agency publication, newsletters, articles or other publicly available documents regarding the organization prepared for the purpose of providing donor recognition.
- JF&CS does not sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. In the limited instances when JF&CS shares donor personal information with approved partner organizations, JF&CS will only share personal information once the donor has given JF&CS specific permission to do so.
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information provided to us through JFCSatl.org.
JF&CS collects only information via its web site that is voluntarily submitted related to employment, volunteer and internship opportunities, and requests for information about JF&CS programs and services. Such information may include name, postal and email address, and phone and fax numbers.
We make reasonable efforts to keep the information you submit confidential. Information collected via the website is not shared outside the Agency and is used internally by those involved in hiring and referring clients for programs and services. Requests, inquiries or comments/concerns sent via the website are directed to the appropriate JF&CS individual or program.
Keeping this personal information secure is a top priority for us. Personal information is private and confidential; accordingly, the information provided is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated employees.
We use email addresses to answer the emails we receive. Such addresses or other personally identifiable information are not shared with third parties or used for unsolicited communications.
This website contains links to other sites. The fact that JF&CS has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners or its providers. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of any web site you visit thoroughly before disclosing personal information on that site.
If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact the webmaster at 770.677.9472. We can also be reached via email at email@example.com.