How to Talk to Your Children About Death
This past weekend, many of us learned about the sudden and tragic loss of 10-year-old child in our community. While grappling with this news, ourselves, we were also forced to try to understand how to best tell our children. We want to share some resources that may assist you in speaking to your children about death, how to understand their grief process and be aware of the signs that indicate your child might be struggling. If you or your child is having a difficult time coping with a loss, we are here to help.
- Grief Reactions According to Ages.pdf
- Grief Resources.pdf
- How Children View Loss.pdf
- Needs of a Grieving Child.pdf
- Signals for Attention from a Grieving Child.pdf
- Telling Your Children.pdf
- Tips for Helping Children Deal with Grief.pdf
- What to Say to Someone who is Grieving.pdf
For questions, more information or to schedule an appointment please call 770.677.9474.