It's a new year . . . take charge of your career
The fact is that you - not your boss nor your company - are in charge of your career. Many people wait to think of a job or career change when they are forced into it. Here are some warning signs that will help guide you into being proactive about your career versus reactive.
- Your company continues to show a decline in revenue and/or profit.
- Downsizing occurs frequently.
- Your company merges with another firm.
- A company acquires your organization.
- Your solid performance is not recognized by way of promotion, appreciation or income.
- The company is losing market share and becoming less relevant.
- The culture and environment in which you work has become uncomfortable.
- Your work life balance has become impossible to achieve.
- You are simply not having fun.
- Your performance has declined.
If any of these warning signs apply to you, Career Services - Tools for Employment can help you prepare to find a job and will teach you the necessary skills to be a competitive candidate. Tools for Employment offers career counseling to help clients focus and prepare a plan for their job search, resume and interview skills workshops, and job search skills. Additionally, career specialists are available to help match your skills and experience to what employers are currently seeking. For more information about how Tools for Employment can help you and your career, contact 770.677.9358.